After a booklog entry, some spoiler notes on volume 2 of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, and on the differences between the manga and the anime. Spoilers for volume 2 of the manga and—oh, episodes 8, 14-16, 18, and 20 of the anime. Do not spoil me for subsequent manga or anime episodes or I will glare very fiercely in your general direction.
- Lust says that Ed is their human sacrifice, which I thought at first meant they needed a sacrifice, singular, unlike Marcoh's theory in the anime, but later she says that Marcoh will be another, so now I'm not sure how many they need.
- Lust taught Marcoh how to make Stones.
- When Marcoh stabs Lust, she doesn't say that she's already been killed once, but that "You made me die once." Which makes me flash to nine lives of cats.
- Mustang, Armstrong, and ponytail guy were recruited for war, and weren't already state alchemists; which makes it harder for me to understand why Mustang stayed. Like I said, anime!Mustang—far more interesting.
- No Barry the Chopper (will he still re-appear?), no Brigadier General Gran, and Ishbal gets two pages in flashback (also, just accidentally running across Marcoh is lame).
- The lack of the Other Brothers Elric is also interesting; I wouldn't have put those episodes down as filler, as Majhal and Psiren were.