Some silliness to start the week—guess the song based on the first line(s) (source: iPod five-star playlist, shuffled and re-arranged as it amused me). Answers tomorrow.
- I walked twenty blocks to your favorite bakery, to pick you up a little treat / I know you're not an early riser, after a long night on your feet
- It's one-thirty in the morning but that's all right by me
- You don't have to prove your manhood to me constantly / I know you're the man can't you see
- Fantasies of violence, breaking bottles on the wall
- It was Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank
- You said to never ever come back; I wasn't sure exactly what you meant by that / I know that we have had some problems, but I've got solutions in my head
- There's blood in my mouth 'cause I've been biting my tongue all week / I keep on talking trash but I never say anything
- Gone, she's gone, how do you feel about it? / That's what I thought, you're real torn up about it
- Well tell me do you think it'd be all right, if I could just crash here tonight
- Watch an eyeball take a free fall / at the mention of a name / in its socket like a rocket / rises just the same
Edit: now with extra lyrics for the unguessed and difficult ones.