- Choose five to seven characters.
- They may be from books, movies, comics, TV shows, games, and real life—but no traditional superheroes.
- They may be from any place in the universe, any time. They do not have to be from the same time/place as the orginal League.
- You must identify the recruiter, the villain, and the leader, and there must be at least one female.
- Optional: you may identify their main mode of transportation.
- Lord Peter Wimsey, detective. (Protagonist of
many Dorothy Sayer's mystery novels and stories, set between the
two World Wars (e.g., The Nine Tailors,
Strengths: excellent observational skills, inductive and deductive reasoning abilities; erudite; does a very good foolish fop imitation; improbable swimming and diving abilities; Bunter (see below).
Weaknesses: post-traumatic stress syndrome; nobility complex.
- Mervyn Bunter, faithful companion to Lord
Peter (see above).
Strengths: excellent observational skills, inductive and deductive reasoning abilities; photographer; able to ingratiate self with females; holds Lord Peter together; could be trusted to take the Ring to Mordor.
Weaknesses: apparent lack of life outside holding Lord Peter together.
- Delirium, one of the Endless, formerly
Delight. (Neil Gaiman's
Strengths: She's one of the Endless.
Weaknesses: Gets lost easily; terrible driver; likely to try to convince you to find her missing brother.
- Severus Snape, Potions Master at Hogwarts.
(J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.)
Strengths: acid tongue; ability to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death; billowing robes.
Weaknesses: acid tongue; Marked by eeeevil with a really ugly tattoo; poor personal hygiene.
- Inigo Montoya, currently the Dread Pirate
Roberts. (William Goldman's The Princess Bride.)
Strengths: greatest swordsman in the world; remarkable persistence.
Weaknesses: wine; suffering from a certain lack of motivation after the achievement of his lifelong goal.
- Beka Rosselin-Metadi, Captain of the
Warhammer, Domina of Lost Entibor. (Debra Doyle and
James D. Macdonald's Mageworlds
Strengths: sociopathic alter ego; pilots a very fast spaceship; highly driven personality; extensive experience in intelligence and covert operations.
Weaknesses: sociopathic alter ego; strong family ties that can be points of attack for enemies.
The Villain: The Brain Eater, a devious and mysterious entity, to date only known by its insidious effects on certain beloved authors.