Went to Massachusetts this weekend for Mothers' Day. Shopping, Indian food, catching-up, silly BMW films on DVD, and the deluge; my parents' basement hasn't flooded yet, but it really appeared to be only a matter of time.
When I got back, I was seized with the urge to purge and re-organize my closet, which had collapsed into indeterminate heaps on the floor. Two large bags of donations and one large bag of trash later, I was done and promptly crashed. It was perhaps not the best idea after driving (and being generally short on sleep after watching basketball, sleeping alone in a different bed, etc.), but it had needed doing for quite some time.
So, have a links dump:
- Via silmaril, The LOTR films in Princess Bride quotes. (How did I miss this when it first came around?)
- tightropegirl on research and novels & TV: part one, part two.
- Via Chad, holyoffice provides a crib sheet on Christianity.
- Automatically back up files by e-mail on a Windows system.
- The New York Times on "media immersion pods" in Tokyo. No-one will be surprised to hear that my reaction was, "huh. That could be cool. Except for the people making out."
Coming later: a post on Escaflowne 9-11. (Mostly I'm putting this here to remind me to do it.)