Behind the cut is my weekend at Readercon, minus detailed panel descriptions where noted. Those writeups are coming in separate posts, because they are very long and because I want to invite discussion on them.
( Collapse )
ETA: My detailed panel reports:
- "A Theory of Narrative Aesthetics Informed by Cognitive Science"
- "My Secret (or Not-So-Secret) Story Structure"
- "The Beginnings of Stories and the Endings They Promise"
ETA: other people's reports (will continue to be updated—please point me to more):
- impressionistic panel notes by yhlee: "Libraries in Imaginative Literature" and "Towards a Taxonomical Nomenclature of the Fantastic (Assuming We Care)"; notes on "Beginnings of Stories and the Endings They Promise"
- Chad's panel comments: "Embracing the Uncomfortable"; "Social Class and Speculative Fiction"
- ckd: Friday, Saturday, Sunday