We've been home from Japan for two weeks, now. I had an absurd amount of work upon my return (some of that is my fault; I should have known better). I also had jet lag by proxy, as it took Chad about a week to readjust. (My body clock seems to still be very flexible, for which I am grateful.) But we're pretty well caught up on sleep and work now and back in the routine.
In the anecdotal evidence file, I seemed to be coming down with a cold on the Monday we got back. I immediately started taking zinc and did not develop a full-blown cold. Perhaps it was just an abrupt reaction to local allergens, not a cold, but regardless, I'm grateful, because I really did not have time to be sick.
Random other things:
- Went to see Buffalo Tom last weekend; Chad has the report.
- Went shopping for exercise bikes yesterday. We're going to get some variant of Schwinn recumbent, as I don't have a bike and ellipticals (1) would make watching anime difficult, which is going to be my carrot and (2) take up too much room, including vertically as we're hoping to put the equipment in a room with a very low ceiling.
- Chad has a mystery anime query.
- I'm experimenting with del.icio.us these days. Does anyone else use Opera and find that changes made to the inline editing form aren't saved? Do you have a workaround?
- Roasted pork tenderloin with sage corn bread crust. Good even without the garlic.
- My mom is blogging. I particularly recommend Dog's Life (Top 5 reasons I wish I were my dog, Truman.) and Truman's Response.
- Finally, go, non-zero-sum football. The Giants made a great goal-line stand to hold off the Redskins, and the Patriots scored 38 points for the third straight game.