Good things about this week:
- Go, Pats! It may have been 50% them winning and 50% the Chargers losing, but hey, I'll take it—it was certainly more than I expected.
Next question: Do the Patriots really have a direct line into Peyton Manning's psyche (or does he think they do)?
- The Butcher's Bill, by Michael R. Schuyler: a full index of injuries, deaths, births, marriages, prizes, and other such things in Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin novels. Free pdf download.
- Lulu will perfect-bind 286 pages of 8x11 inch paper for $17 (including shipping), instead of the $30 that Kinko wants to coil-bind the same quantity. Granted, this won't help for short-term projects like beta-reading a manuscript (the usual reason I need to print a lot of pages), because Lulu takes longer; but for something like a personal copy of a free reference work? Wonderful, even if it means I have to fiddle with the file to embed its fonts.
- I read an actual entire novel yesterday.
- Emmy and I saw a falcon at quite close range on a morning walk here in suburbia.
That would be it.