A few general links:
- mmcirvin: Stages of Nice Guyism :: Guys dissecting the "nice guy" thing, part 3: useful nuances.
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Rhymes with Orange :: On the skills taught by the Wii and other video games.
- Mitsubishi's elevator-testing tower - Boing Boing :: I'm pretty sure we saw this while on the Shinkansen from Yokohama to Nagoya . . .
- Movie Review: There Will Be Blood (2007): An American Primitive, Forged in a Crucible of Blood and Oil :: "(Like most of the finest American directors working now, Mr. Anderson makes little on-screen time for women.)" -- talk about your disturbing offhand remarks
- penknife: Things about writing that I have learned from RPGs (part 1) :: Writing examples are mostly drawn from fanfic, but seem generally applicable.
- penknife: Things about writing that I have learned from RPGs (part 2)
And five Yuletide recs (I'd save them for when I have more, but I seem to have temporarily burned out on reading Yuletide):
- Utterly Professional :: Stepping back through Croup & Vandemar's dark history.
- A Bunny Isn't Just for Hogswatchnight, It's For Death's Birthday :: . . . no, I can't describe it. "'He sure don't want to get thrown in that briar patch,' Brer Bear nodded. 'Maybe that's what we should do then, Brer Fox. What do you think, Brer Death?' // OH DEAR. THIS ISN'T RIGHT AT ALL."
- The First Year After :: After Strong Poison, that is, though supplemented with some of the Dowager's diaries post-Busman's Honeymoon. Harriet, Peter, and some particularly nice Charles interactions.
- Bartimaeus's Side of the Story :: How Bartimaeus acquired a particular scar, in excellent first-person. Possibly has references to the third book, but no apparent spoilers.
- Several Competent Wizards :: Impressively plotty crossover of *three* of Patricia C. Wrede's series: Mairelon, Sorcery and Cecilia, and Enchanted Forest.