While I work and suffer from the Wintertime Blues [*] and unusual prose sensitivity [**], Chad discusses our book shelves; poses a cheery hypothetical on love and death in preparation for teaching "Story of Your Life" (spoilers); and posts a more detailed explanation of the pregnancy health issues. And the dog hunts squeaky toys in the snow.
[*] John Hiatt (last.fm). Particularly:
There's no spring
There was never any spring
Spring's a long gone thing
There won't ever be a spring no more
Since my favorite line, "Three hours of daylight and all of them gray / the suicide prevention group has all run away," is no longer quite applicable.
Oh, and while I'm linking to music, have some pretty harmonies from a lesser-known alt-country/folk rock band called the Jayhawks who came up on shuffle recently:
- "Save It for a Rainy Day" (YouTube)
- "Stumbling Through the Dark" (YouTube)
- "I'd Run Away" (last.fm)
- "Blue" (YouTube) (also covered by The Thorns (last.fm))
- live version of "Tailspin" with the Sadies (artist website)
- short, poor-quality live snippet of the very pretty "All the Right Reasons" (YouTube)
[**] Decided not to attempt Acacia because the retrospective omniscient was grating on me. I hardly ever care about this stuff, what is my deal lately? Not that I have time to be reading now.