As a follow-up to yesterday's post, here's the full booklet of Tests for Husbands and Wives on Flickr.
- A husband who "Publicly . . . regrets having married" is only -1 (while "Helps wife with dishes, caring for children, scrubbing" is only +1).
- Husbands using profanity is -1, while wives using it is -5; ditto "suspicious and jealous." Husbands have to get drunk for -5, while wives only have to drink; husbands have to be addicted to gambling for -1, while wives who simply gamble get -5.
- Husbands carrying adequate insurance get +5. Does this mean life insurance?
- "Writes on tablecloth with pencil"?
- Huh. "Attends church" is +10 for husbands; maybe they go to Saturday evening services or late Sunday morning services, so the dutiful wives can still let them sleep in?
- Finally, I am . . . not really sure what to make of the asymmetry in points WRT sex (husbands giving their wives orgasms = +20; wives who "react with pleasure and delight" to sex = +10). Or perhaps I just don't want to think about it that much.
By my quick tally, I am a Failure as a wife, but Chad and I both make Superior husbands. (telophase has said she's turning this into an Internet quiz, for those who'd rather not tally up their scores on paper.)