- will be perfectly average physically (since I am shorter than average and Chad is taller than average), and is thus going for the reported 41 weeks + 1 day average for first babies. Which would be Monday.
- is not quite finished developing his or her Theory of Everything. (Fortunately, FutureBaby's universe is really really small at the moment, so it doesn't have to be a very complicated theory.)
- overheard a co-worker tell me that you're not ready for labor until you're really, really uncomfortable, and knows I'm only somewhat uncomfortable right now.
- is holding out for a cool birthday like 8/8/08.
- wants a Miyazaki-inspired flying bison and knows we haven't actually purchased one yet, despite offering it as a bribe.
- is waiting for the timer to pop up. [*]
- is calibrating just how far Chad's patience can be pushed.
- wants Chinese or Indian food.
- was waiting for the air conditioning to be fixed. And hey, the repair guy just left, so . . .
[*] I have had this fancy for, oh, months, that when my navel goes completely "outie," it'll be like the pop-up timer on a turkey: *bing*! Fully cooked! And it's not quite there yet.
As usual, no unsolicited advice, no horror stories, thank you.