Been a while since I did one of these! I've mostly been collecting links one at a time and never posting them; but there was a lot of catch-up this time.
- Tor.com / Science fiction and fantasy / Blog posts / Creating Better Magazines (and Anthologies) :: "with more awareness and a more open mind, editors will be less likely to dismiss, even unconsciously, fiction that is good but isn’t only about white heterosexual male concerns."
- SeeLight: Editorial Work Is HARD, Asshole! :: "So, to get down to the nitty gritty, as someone in Tempest's comments asked to do, how do you -- not "become a good editor" but -- change the way you do business so that your editing becomes more than an exercise in futility?"
- anticipation_09: Late New Business :: Someone moved to require the presence of a female writer on the written fiction Hugo ballots. I didn't see this until it was over, but my reaction was and is, "We don't need any tokenism, thank you very much."
- DSC_2606 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! :: Me, taken at Worldcon by Kyle Cassidy. I knew I was tired, but wow I look pale.
- What we believe: Love isn’t enough at Anti-Racist Parent - for parents committed to raising children with an anti-racist outlook :: "If love alone won’t keep a toddler from touching a hot stove or stop a teen from engaging in unprotected sex, why, then, do so many of us think love is all you need to keep a child from absorbing prevalent biases against people of color or being damaged by them?"
- Introducing The Racialicious Read Along! Kenji Yoshino’s Covering -- at Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture :: Great book, I recommend it.
- azurelunatic: How Dreamwidth is helping save LiveJournal