So let me enumerate good things to keep in mind.
- After much staring at my calendar, I believe I do not have to write a brief this weekend. Re-read things and put them in the back of my head to think about, yes, and maybe start writing, but I don't have to stay up until all hours making sure one gets finished.
- I finished the first draft of the brief that was requiring me to stay up until all hours this past week, then comprehensively revised it in less time than my boss expected, and now I don't have to think about it until Monday.
- Chad is home and planning to take SteelyKid out for their usual weekend morning excursions.
- FutureSibling is, by all indications, exuberantly healthy.
- I went to sleep at 9:45 last night.
- Readercon next weekend = responsibilities and preparation, but also fun times to look forward to.
- SteelyKid has an appointment with a highly-recommended pediatric dentist for just after Readercon, which I am not looking forward to, but if she is having teeth problems and they are contributing to the brittleness lately, then we have done something concrete that will help.
- ETA: it's a rare day when there isn't some small bright spot. For instance, this morning SteelyKid told me earnestly, "You can put it (the pacifier) in the kitchen. I will not freak out." Which made me laugh and laugh (and put it in the kitchen cabinet out of sight). </ul>
Or, shorter version: less work, more co-parenting, good things ahead.comment(s) | link