The words and deeds love meme I linked yesterday has closed, so here is version 2.0, second verse, same as the first!
Adapting staranise's terrific how-this-works:
- Leave a comment with your, or anyone else's, username(s) in the subject and body. Self-nomination and anon nomination are all fine. If you don't want to be nominated or you want your nomination taken down, just let me know in a comment or in email (email@example.com).
- Once someone has a comment thread about them, reply and tell them about something they've said, done, or made that you liked. A kind word, a signalboost, a drawing, a story, a helpful post. This can be short or long. You can just name or link to something, or go into more detail.
- Sit back and enjoy how much the people here are making the world a better place in little, tiny ways. They're filling it with art and honesty. They're doing things that are beautiful and kind. It may not fix the world--what does?--and it doesn't mean they're perfect. It just means they're trying, and you noticed.
- Play nice.
- Anon comments are screened; captcha is temporarily off. Anonymity is optional.
- I will be online regularly except for Saturday afternoon and Sunday during the day, when my access will be intermittent; I thought about waiting until Monday, but let's keep momentum going. (Eastern/GMT -5 time, but frequently awake in wee hours as well.)
- Point people to your thread! It is 100% okay to let people know when they have an opportunity to be kind to you.