Let's see: Work. Lots of it. This weekend, shopping for house things and lots of books (including one I couldn't find and was cross about not getting, so Chad snuck out to get it for me), and Monday off that I spent working (and cat-vacuuming up some icons .) Oh, and football (go Pats! Nineteen one-game winning streaks. And the Giants, who knew?). Last weekend, my best friend from high school got married. It was a gorgeous wedding, they looked very happy, and Hindu ceremonies are a lot different from Christian ones. The weekend before, I spent an entire day hunting down something formal enough to wear to that wedding. In dog news, we've started another round of training classes; Emmy now does a pretty good "flop" (known elsewhere as "play dead"), and we're working on "roll over." (The "flop" does have a practical purpose, for if she ever needs to be medically examined on her side.) We also met and made arrangements to try a dog-sitter, which we're very hopeful about. And there are some new images at the bottom of the dog pictures page . Did you know that "Lose Yourself," the Eminem single from the 8 Mile soundtrack, starts with 30 seconds of keyboards? On one hand, the incongruity cracks me up, but on the other, I think it wants to be in a mix just after that cool instrumental music from Kill Bill 1 , the one was in all the movie commercials (and now, annoyingly, is used in Jaguar commercials, which is just wrong), and that transition doesn't work very well. Yes, I bought some stuff from iTunes recently. Oh, Nathan, if you're reading this, drop me an e-mail with your mailing address? I've finally digitally reconstructed that trip mix tape that was stolen from you (I know, how long ago was that?). (In response to coffee_and_ink's post of a while ago , to me, playlists are things I put on shuffle. Mixes are in a particular order. Also, mix tapes have two sides, which means they don't seamlessly transfer onto the iPod.) I get to drive about an hour and a half tomorrow morning for a court appearance that will probably take five minutes, so I should probably get a couple more cases into this outline and then go to bed.